imagined conversations with my adult daughter
- Do you think it’s weird, you know, that I’m your Dad?
- Ok, cool.
- Dad, it’s gotta be a minor sixth for the harmony!
- Oh, yeah, sorry.
- That’s more like it.
- Remember when you were about eight and I started wearing that ear-ring again?
- I wanted you to take it out … I still do.
- There’s this guy at church … he thinks you can only read the bible properly in Greek.
- Really? – what do you reckon?
- He’s such a bonehead, Dad. Sorry, but he is.
- I love trees!
- I like it that you’re into the environment, like your mum and me.
- I would’ve been into it anyway, Dad.